Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Legos and a visit with Uncle Bob



Brock LOVES building with Legos - he's enjoyed them at other people's houses, camps, preschools... and now that Kade is officially two... he can enjoy them in the comfort of his own home!

We started him with the Lego Junior Construction Set with 160 pieces. I love that it comes with a bright red bin to store them!

It was pleasing to see Brock spend the time to follow the instructions and figure out where every piece was supposed to go.

How fun! We took a slow-motion video of his wrecking ball!

Since then, he has thoroughly enjoyed being a master builder and making up his own creations! And he's been taking great care of this toy too!
Fun R-rated story.... one night a very bad storm comes through and knocks our power out. I'm running upstairs to retrieve the candle (from the last time our power went out) and Brent is listing off things he needs to get. Out of the blue and in quite a frantic, Brock yells out "My legos! I need my fucking legos!!" I think it caught Brent quite off guard, but we definitely had a bit of a talk with him about the use of that word. But what a thing to "require" when the power goes out! :)


My world-traveling Uncle Bob was in the States visiting family (mostly NY/CT - he goes back and forth during the year from India and Nepal) and flew down to visit his sister for a few days!

It was great for him to see our new home and visit with the boys for a bit. I'm sure he enjoyed catching up on some baseball talk with Brent too!


Of course we loved having Grandma there to snuggle with too!



And just two more pictures of brothers being brothers....

(Apparently I have to catch them from behind so not to disturb their enjoyment of each other) ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment