Monday, May 18, 2015

Another Zoo Visit!


I was inspired to return to the Zoo today after playing with some zoo-themed Duplos last night with Brock. I figured it may be awhile for us to return there with a new baby! It was a beautiful spring day here in Seattle - high of 74 and sunny - so off we went!
Awesomely large Komodo Dragon
This visit was pretty nice. We saw some things that we haven't seen before (and skipped some of the usuals - like the monkeys).

The Tigers are a new exhibit - just came to Seattle May 2nd. They are three brothers - all born 2013 from the Little Rock Zoo. Brock was a little scared every time they walked by - the glass was nice and clean so it really looked like they were sooo close!
Very cool to watch, but they were quick to photograph!
We saw a snow leopard named Helen. (We saw a real one, then played on this one). Brock loved watching the Kangaroos jump - true to his toddler age, he proceeded to jump all the way out of that exhibit.
 We ventured down the "Northern Trail" to see Diesel's relatives (the wolves) and a few other animals - Brown Bears and American River Otters. Then Brock saw a bench, sat down, and matter-of-factly told me it was snack time.
After checking out the penguins, we stopped at the cafeteria for a nice brought-from-home lunch before continuing on.
Our last stop of the day was at the farm. He really wanted to see the cows! Then he asked to go and pet the goats! I thought for sure he'd be scared, but he went right over and pet them like dogs! Sometimes he surprises me!

A really great day at the zoo too because - NO stroller! Brock was awesome! He either held my hand or ran up ahead about 10 feet before looking back at me and stopping. No tantrums and he listened really well when I told him we were going to see another animal. My only complaint - he REALLY liked watching all the animals and wouldn't turn around when I told him to "look at mommy." (I guess he's on to me that means Mommy is taking a picture). So yeah - all my pictures of him with the animals are of his back!! Silly Brock, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment