Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Housewarming Party

Invitations went out four weeks before party date - I figured it would help me get my butt in gear with a deadline to get the house "in order". I also can't stand to see boxes scattered all around and barren walls - I wanted to make this feel more like home as quickly as possible.
 Good thing Brock was here to help! He really does like helping me with little projects!


The boys admiring a 2-minute thunderstorm from the comfort of our front porch!
Yet another picture of Brock helping me with dinner! He was in charge of flipping and removing all pancakes from the griddle. He really did a great job that night!

Finally it was housewarming party day!

Last minute call - we ordered a big bounce house for the kiddos!

Brock and Kade LOVED it! Brock also loved having it for an extra hour that day before all the other party guests arrived!

 Brock in motion!

Alas, I didn't take too many pictures that night - it's hard work being a hostess and the guest of honor!!
"Happy Housewarming" cake from my mother
 Lovely to have some family close by that were able to come too!!
Alyssa (Feranec) Newell, Michael & Laurie Feranec, Nancy & Brian Rosenfeld, Mark Rosenfeld
Brent was working hard this night too! Manning the grill for almost two hours - 36 hot dogs and 40 hamburgers! Everyone did a great job of bringing sides to share - we had veggies, fruit, brownies & pie and even a crockpot of homemade baked beans!
Brion Paulson & Brent
 A water table full of boys - and Helen! :)
Left to Right - Brock, Helen, Ben, Jude, Ryan, Pate 

Kade blowing bubbles
 I just love watching Brock and Kade making friends with the children of my friends! So very cute!!
Giving fist bumps with Lucas (boys are 5 days apart)
 Photo Op on the front steps! Can you tell they were excited?


So much planning for a party that seemed to whiz on by! That's always how it goes! The bounce house was a huge hit and I'm so glad that the rain held off (and the oppressive heat) to make it a successful party. We had so many local friends attend - some of Brent's I finally met for the first time! It was a wonderful way to start making happy memories in our brand new (to us) home! Thank you everyone who came and for everyone who couldn't - we know you would have if you could! And one last special thank you to my brother, Brian, and sister-in-law, Nancy, - thank you for helping in so many ways at yet another event. Counting down the days when I can return the favor! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment