Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Pullen Park's Holiday Express 2017

I wasn't quite sure what to expect, when I bought these tickets in JULY, but I'm so very glad I did! They sold out in 30 minutes and I'll definitely have to be on the lookout when they go on sale again.

After picking up the boys at school, we headed to Raleigh and settled on an Italian dinner at Amedeo's near NCSU. Tickets were sold in 15 minute increments for your time on the train - from 4pm until 9pm - only that many people were allowed in the event on that day and you were welcome to stay for as long as you wished. Our train was scheduled for 7pm.

It was cold that night, but not cold enough for snow - they had an artificial snow blowing machine near the entrance that Kade could not get enough of!

Brock neither!! (I mean, you can see several adults getting in on the action too!)

Everything was included in the admission price, except for refreshments, so we HAD to ride the Carousel!



Brock's favorite had to be the sledding hills! I'm pretty sure these were sheets of ice by the time our night came around. First round, down the smaller hill.


Next round, I tried taking a movie and got some stills of Kade going down. Brock was too fast for me and went down the big hill right next to him at the same time as Kade!

Kade to the left (yes, he fell off his 2nd ride down) and Brock to the right.

Here's a little movie... and even though Kade fell off, he was stoked and wanted to do it again!

What to do while waiting for Brock and Daddy in the restrooms..... return to the snow!!


There were several things to do there that didn't get photographed. Both the boys made snowman sock puppets and played games for prizes. Next year we'll come earlier so we can watch the characters dance and sing on the stage.

One thing I'm still getting used to.... being able to utilize all the playgrounds in the winter! We'd have to carry around a towel to wipe down all the playground equipment in Seattle (or just not go)! Even though it's cold, it's still function-able!! ;)

Finally, our train ride!

I'll show you.... you keep smiling like that, I'm going to use these pictures. :P

Oh hello, mini-Brent!

I don't know why I tried to take pictures of the lights on a moving train..... this one picture, out of many, was mostly clear. The boys sure loved pointing to all the characters along the trail.

Alas, the first thing you do upon entering the event is put your name on a list to see Santa. Silly me thought that once you were called, it wouldn't be more than a 5 minute wait..... when our text came through, we headed over only to find that we would have to wait another 20 minutes to see the big man in red. At 7:15PM and after a night of running around (and after a long day at school), the boys were done. I hated to miss him, but it was for the best. Still a really great night and a really well-done event for the price (less than $12/ticket)!

No comments:

Post a Comment