Thursday, June 21, 2018

My Mother


My mother passed away this February. She had been sick for almost a year, fought it until the very end, until the cancer won over her body. I won't lie, it's been an extremely difficult year - before she left us and now after. Besides thinking about a million other things, I thought about this blog and how most of my picture taking was always for her. We lived in Washington State and she was so far away - she was always the main person I'd take that extra picture for.  

I went back and forth about what to share on my blog about this tragic event. I don't think this is the right place and I don't want to spiral in to paragraphs and paragraphs about how much I miss her and how I feel about things.... I do, however, want to continue with the blog - I love looking back and reading these entries - my critiques on particular playgrounds, sharing birthday party cake shots, the joys of potty training.... I know my mother pulled these up often to read and watch the videos. 



So.... I will continue to write about my family's travels and adventures and tantrums and firsts (like first tee-ball games - eek!) and I hope whoever else is reading enjoys them half as much as my mother did.



But, I will say.... Thank you for being our Mother and teaching us all that you did - you truly did an amazing job.


I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment