Saturday, September 3, 2022

New York/Connecticut Trip - Part I



Brock and I took a nice trip up to New England to visit family, staying with my cousin, Katherin, in White Plains. 

After catching up a bit with Katherin and her family, she treated us to a visit to Playland, an amusement park (and historic landmark) located in Rye, New York. 


The park sits along Rye Beach - connected by a long boardwalk, that I recognized immediately from a few scenes from the 1988 movie Big! 

Brock and his Godmother Katherin





Brock had fun riding most of the rides!



But he wouldn't ride on "The Whip" with me! Original ride from 1928! It definitely whips you!!





After a few more rides - including my favorite, Derby Racer, a faster carousel-like ride - Brock asked to do some arcade games. 


He immediately gravitated to this pitching game. 


What an arm! He did amazing! Katherin and I were shocked at how many tickets he ended up earning! 






What a cute little amusement park! Thank you Katherin for bringing us here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment