Wednesday, October 10, 2012

25 weeks & Salmon Days

25 weeks today and I am definitely feeling this belly is getting in the way of normal activities. I'm adjusting daily activities like sitting down and rushing to tie my shoes as fast as I possibly can or practicing the pliƩs I learned from elementary grade while picking things up off the floor. I love being pregnant and I love that I get to feel the little guy kick so often. We are so blessed to be having a healthy baby boy and now that things are progressing a little further, it is getting much more exciting to prepare for his arrival.

This past weekend we visited the nearby town of Issaquah to participate in the Salmon Days festival. Yes, quite a reminder that we live in the Northwest!! Issaquah has a working Salmon hatchery which is pretty cool to walk around and see the different life cycles of this fish. They have one area where you see the fish from the side of the tank (think big aquarium like in the zoo). Last year Diesel saw the fish right away and went up and licked the glass window - this time he was a little more distracted by the other dogs, but he did catch a glimpse of them.... and their smell! We enjoyed walking up and down the tents looking at the crafts (mostly about salmon or bears or glasswork - all very popular in this area) and all the different types of food (Fried Halibut anyone? You don't see that at a food booth in North Carolina!).
Vietnam era River Boat

No comments:

Post a Comment