Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The Lion King


Part of my Christmas present were tickets to The Lion King this year. I was super excited to go as I had heard awesome things about the show and it did not leave me disappointed! Brent and I started our date night at Il Fornaio and I'm posting it here for our future notice - it is "meh" and we really don't need to go back. When I made reservations, we remembered that we didn't have a great meal, but neither one of us could remember why. We're going to remember this time!

But back to the show - it was amazing! I love going to the Paramount - it is a GORGEOUS theater. I loved the show and I think Brent did too! The opening song was my favorite. As soon as the actors who portrayed giraffes came on to the stage, it really felt like these were animals - they mimicked the way the particular animals moved so well! The costumes were beautiful and the two little kids who, at only 10 years old, played Simba and Nala as children were amazing. Of course I cried when Mufasa died... yeah, I'm a sap! :P
View of the ceiling from our seats - the chandelier and designs on the wall are amazing!

Quick picture before the curtain went up
We had a really good time that evening. And our neighbors behind us were..... interesting. 

Yes, that woman behind us brought her doll to the theater

No comments:

Post a Comment