Friday, July 25, 2014

East Coast Trip - Part III - RALEIGH

Brock and I were taking the very short little flight from Charlotte to Raleigh, which made for the perfect opportunity to actually SEE the airplane before boarding. I thought Brock would enjoy this - walking up the steps and realizing we were ON an actual airplane - but I think he was a little scared of the loud noise.
Once we arrived at my mother's house, Brock opened his new gift and couldn't wait to try it out! In the week we were there, it was adorable to see how much he progressed learning how to ride his push trike!
He did pretty well... as long as there were no bugs in his eyes! Poor Brock!

Tuesday morning, my Dad took the day off work to run around Marbles Kids Museum with Brock. Oh my goodness, I think we were all overwhelmed with everything there! Brock had a blast!

Brock and my Dad posing with the indoor pirate ship! Brock loved driving it!
 There were so many rooms to explore, buttons to press, big kids to watch! My Dad and I had so much fun watching Brock. What a very fun kids museum!

Brock also enjoyed showing off his dunking skills after all that practice with his basketball hoop at home!
After a solid morning of activity, Brock needed a nice long nap that afternoon - my Dad said he slept really well that night too!

With all that running around, it was time to refuel and boy did Grandma make some yummy food!!
"Before"
"After - and after seconds!"
A separate occasion enjoying the leftover chicken juice on the bottom of the bowl!

We also had so much fun in the baby pool outside! It was so hot that everyone jumped in the water at one time - even Mia!
Brock enjoying a popsicle
I also had a little time to visit with a few friends - Beck and Will came over and joined us in the baby pool one morning and I was able to visit Jill and her new baby Nathan, just born July 1st! Jessica and her husband, Alex, had me over for a delicious dinner one night too! 
Me and Jessica
Then it was time to pack again - the next day was our trip up to Busch Gardens for my mother's birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment