Thursday, September 10, 2015

My big boy Preschooler!

He was angry at me because I wouldn't let him wear his gym pants
My big boy just started preschool today! The real kind where I drop him off and leave him in the care of two teachers among twelve other children! He's there for two and a half hours to learn and grow and socialize all on his own without his Mama or Daddy.

He did cry when I dropped him off, but Teacher assured me he only cried for two minutes and then was perfectly fine the rest of the time. He did scowl a couple of times for her (see below in regards to the water for snack time - I can totally picture that!)
He wasn't ready to provide me the morning's activities when he got in the car, but I lingered in his bed before naptime today and then he shared. It was adorable the things he remembered and how he told me. Brock explained his hand got dirty and he punched the paper to make a bunny. (Finger-painting) Then he kicked the ball and told a little girl it was his ball (playtime in the gym). He had blue and green and red goldfish, but didn't like that water in the cup. (Snack time) Lastly, he sang a song about a truck going beep. (Circle time)
Showing off his baseball backpack!
I'm really quite amazed and so excited he's excited. He is definitely his father's son, a little talker. It took me awhile to share events with my parents about school; hopefully Brock will continue to tell me things.


And I'm happy to report Brock is getting better in his interactions with Kade. I can see he genuinely cares about him - after asking about Daddy's whereabouts, the next question in the morning is "Kade asleep?" He loves holding his hand and now when he cries, I've caught him a few times going over to him, honestly gently patting his leg, and saying "It's okay Kade."
Thank you Great-Aunt Carol & Great-Uncle Jeff for the outfit!
Sweet baby Kade with your big blue eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment