Thursday, September 27, 2018

Brock/Mommy Date September 2018


Brock's first "Day Off" from school was scheduled for Wednesday, September 19th... Hurricane Florence kind of spoiled it because I felt I had plenty of time with Brock over that long weekend... but nevertheless, we had scheduled a day together and I'm so very glad we did.


I told Brock we could do anything he wanted to do and gave him several choices - Roller Skating, Hiking, Playground, Star Museum (Planetarium), the Zoo, etc.... and he chose hiking! Hmm... I didn't think hiking at Umstead State park would have been that fun with everything flooded, so I decided to traverse to Durham to visit the Duke Gardens.

It was just big enough with just enough winding paths, Brock loved it!


This was my favorite.... the white garden!


Our trek took us around the lake and on the "zig-zag bridge." Ahh... see, this is when I wish I had a good camera (and knew how to use it)!

I thoroughly enjoyed just watching him enjoy everything! And boy did he tell me what he thought about everything! He's so different away from his little brother - very calm and talkative!



After winding around the lake, we headed to the Japanese Garden area. 


At the tea house, he told me he knew what the sign said: No cheeseburgers or drink, no dogs, and no steam. He's so cute.

So. Much. Energy.

This is the "Historic Garden" section. Super old, very large trees that have been there for years.


My photographer-in-training!

 
Brock asked me for a coin to throw in the fountain - good thing he caught himself after that release!!


What a nice "hike". (Nice east coast style - flat terrain!) Glad we went early in the morning!

After our hike, I took Brock to Kanki for lunch... he liked the "show", but wasn't a fan of interacting with our chef. Anxiety is a tough thing to overcome - he's making progress.

Then, we got to stop in at my favorite middle school counselor's home for a quick play-date (since she was out of school for the day too!) and Brock played with her son before it was time to pick up Kade from school. What a special day off!!

No comments:

Post a Comment