Saturday, September 1, 2018

A Connecticut Wedding


Brian and I made the trek without our entourage for my cousin's Connecticut wedding. 

So many family members traveled WAY further distances to be there - Cousin Christopher and family were in town from Berlin, Germany!

I don't have any pictures from the actual ceremony - I'm trying to do better about being present in the moment. But Christine looked absolutely beautiful in her princess gown (picture below with her from the cocktail hour) and SO very happy!

We clean up nice!


Brian and I with the beautiful bride!!

Xavier (husband to Katherin), Christine, & Katherin - Christine, Katherin and myself make up the three granddaughters on my mother's side. 

Let's get the party started!!


Yummy!!

And.... cutting the cake!

I'm not exactly sure what happened because I was sitting at our table watching the event happen (and zooming in for pictures), but they surely had trouble cutting into the cake. I heard murmurs the cake was frozen.... not sure what happened, but they definitely had trouble cutting a slice. More importantly, the way they just laughed it off and didn't make it such a big "deal breaker" from having a perfect wedding - that's good stuff right there. Good job you two! Many congratulations from all of us!!
 

Cousins at sunset! And photo credit goes to Brian who apparently doesn't like pretty shoes mucking up his skyline. ;)

Quick turnaround Sunday morning and Brian and I were off to NY airports to catch our respective flights back to North Carolina. Hello and goodbye New York City!

No comments:

Post a Comment