Sunday, October 15, 2023

Cousin time in Apex/Chapel Hill

The last Saturday in September, we entertained a few visitors from Charlotte!! They were here for the whole day hanging out - but it was a little loud in my house with four boys - so off to a park we went! 

We love turtle park! 




Asher was thoroughly enjoying the slides - he is a brave little boy! 





The very tall slides were this trio's favorite, but they liked this rolling slide too - it is even more fun when you ride all together!




All four cousins together!

Kade (8), Maddox (6), Brock (10 1/2), Asher (20 mos.) 


After walking around the pond, we stopped to watch the turtles! (hence our nickname "turtle park"). 


The next day, I was off to Chapel Hill on babysitting duty while the other three attended a local wedding. I forget how much toddlers SNACK! This boy wanted a little bit of everything!  


After a good nap, we grabbed the stroller and walked Franklin Street. The Airbnb they had rented was only a block from Franklin Street, so made for a great location to cruise (if you're in a stroller!) and people watch. We even spied the blue fire truck!! 

We made it all the way up to the park next to Morehead Planetarium and I let the little man out to stretch his feet!



He's blowing me kisses in this picture!


A little art sculpture iguana by the Planetarium. He was not feeling the Instagram-worthy moment. Too many leaves and sticks to focus on! 


We stopped for a photo opportunity at the Old Well and then headed back! 


I loved my time with Asher! He kept me busy and reminded me of all the ways toddlers need you to keep a watchful eye! He had a little piece of garbage and off he ran down the hallway.... to throw it into the toilet! Ha! He's a cutie and super smart. Thank you to Brian & Nancy for letting me hang out with him for the day! Happy you all got to enjoy a Sunday afternoon wedding! ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment