Thursday, May 2, 2013

East Coast Trip - Part II

Brock is still fascinated by those ceiling fans
Our second stop on the east coast trip was Annapolis, Maryland to visit my brother Brian and his girlfriend Nancy. We had a great time! We saw all the work Brian has put in to his new house and got to explore downtown Annapolis. Fulfilling my tourist duties, I ordered the Maryland crabcakes at The Boat Yard Restaurant, and I agree with my brother - they were one of the best I ever had!

Brock also met his first cat. I think it was a little harder for him to watch than Diesel and Oscar (due to the size), but I think Brock is still a dog person (Sorry Nancy!). Haze wasn't sure about Brock either.... I think she just wanted her Mommy!
Nancy, Brock & Haze
Brock saying goodbye to Uncle Brian
Then it was time to leave Annapolis..... however didn't know it would be such a hassle. American Airlines ended up canceling our flight and since Brock and I were flying stand-by, we knew it would mean more hanging out at airports - we decided to rent a car and drive to Connecticut. So........ that meant Brock was able to add three more states to his East Coast trip!!

Aunt Marsha & Brock
We had a great time in Connecticut!! We stayed at Aunt Marsha's house because she has an entire room all set up as a nursery for her grandchildren. After 10 days of sleeping in the same room as Brock, it was nice to have my own room again! It was wonderful to see my aunts, uncles and cousins finally meet Brock. Brent scheduled a work trip in New York, so he was able to meet us there a day later. We were treated so well and had such fantastic food - Aunt Marsha even packed us dinner for the plane, featuring only the best meat and cheeses from Sorento's! We had a wonderful time and so happy it worked out well for Brock to meet everyone!

By the way, Brock was fussy for the hour and a half our flight was delayed taking off, but as soon as we were in the air, he slept the entire five hour flight.... only waking up again to eat as we landed. Once we arrived home, about midnight west coast time, he went straight to his crib and proceeded to sleep until 7am the next morning. Brock is an awesome little traveler! 
Aunt Beverly & Brock

Aunt Theresa & Brock

Vanessa, Brock, Thomas, & Melissa

Brock testing out Uncle Sam's peddle car

Uncle Wally (My Grandfather's brother), Brock & Brent


No comments:

Post a Comment