Friday, November 28, 2014

North Carolina in the Fall

On Wednesday, November 12th, Brock and I took the red eye back to North Carolina. Thank goodness for a wonderful lady who switched with me so I could get two seats for Brock and I (since this was the last trip with him officially as a "lap child").
Brian and Nancy were able to come up from Charlotte over the weekend and spend some time with their nephew too!
On Monday, my Dad took off the afternoon and took us to the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences in downtown Raleigh. Brock loved looking at all things "BIG!"

He was a little wary of the dinosaurs at first.

Watch out Dad - it's going to get your hat!!
 It didn't hurt to have Papa hold him way up high so he could give the dinosaur a belly rub!

The majority of the time was spent just hanging out at Grandma's house playing with Uncle Brian and Uncle David's old toys. This boy loves his trucks!
That scowl!


We did venture up to Chuck E. Cheese one morning and played some games and ate some pizza. (The pizza wasn't terrible...... or I was just really hungry)
Enjoying the show
Another "fine" food stop at Bojangles. Brock thoroughly enjoyed their ketchup.... I mean, their french fries. 
I was able to get in a dinner/playdate with Helen and Jill and their children - here they all are piled up on Ryan's kitchen helper stool (minus Nate who may need a few more months before he can do this too)!
Brock, Ryan and Alexandra
And lastly, one picture I snagged from the photo books of me when I was around Brock's age..... yup, we're related. ;)
Another really fun week in North Carolina. Unfortunately we won't be back until some time in the new year. We are staying home for Christmas this year.

Thanks for having us Mom! Brock already misses you and Mia!

No comments:

Post a Comment