Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Happy Halloween!

Yes, I know. I'm a little late on this post. But please give me a little slack this time... I've been dealing with a toddler SOLO this weekend since Brent went hunting and I am JUST getting over a lovely little sinus cold.
Here's my little pumpkin on the front porch of our house. We went out a little early (6:15pm), and even though it was definitely dark out, it didn't seem like many houses had their lights on. We went to 3 houses (4 if you count the house that DID have their lights on, but no candy - hello people, it's Halloween etiquette!).

Brock did really well - he was too shy to say "trick or treat" after the door opened, but he always said thank you ("ee oh").

We returned home and left a little bowl of candy on the doorstep. The church where we meet for MOPS had a costume carnival that evening and I thought it would be more fun to hang out with Zoe than hang out at home watching Mom pass out candy.
Brock and I dressed up at MOPS the week before Halloween

I didn't get too many pictures here as Brock was a little clingy. They decorated the hallways, rooms and sanctuary (even had a bouncy house!), so it was a little overwhelming for my little boy.

They had games set up all over and as most of the games involved throwing something, Brock softened up. The game where Brock had to throw a hackie sack and knock over some cans was probably Brock's favorite.... followed by the game of the bean bag toss to make tic-tac-toe.

It was almost time to head home, but they were calling for the raffle to start in 5 minutes. We stayed and so very glad we did! The church gave away 3 prizes and we won one of them! $50 gift certificate to Cheesecake Factory and $30 to Regal Cinemas! What a treat for me! I've got a date with my awesome husband and Jennifer Lawrence the weekend of November 21st! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment