Thursday, June 23, 2016

Berry Picking with Brock

A couple of weeks ago, Brock and I visited Remlinger Farms for some berry picking! (Sorry, a bit late on the blog) It was a beautiful day for a Brock/Momma date!
We were the third car to arrive and got to picking strawberries right away! It was a little easier this year for me as I wasn't 9 months pregnant!

Brock enjoyed picking the strawberries and ate a few, but after seeing a little bug crawl on one of them, he immediately ceased. Remlinger Farms uses only natural pesticides so they are safe to eat right out of the field.
I told him to pretend he was a strawberry
We were a little under last year's pickings - 4 pounds - which was fine by me. We have been eating strawberries like crazy at home up to this point!

Remlinger has a "Fun Farm" (like an amusement center) that you pay an additional fare and get to explore. It's really quite fun - amusement rides, animals, train ride, hay maze, etc. Unfortunately we had come so early and that part didn't open for another hour, we had time to pick raspberries!

I think Brock found raspberry picking a whole lot easier than strawberry picking.
He wouldn't let me pick any of them - and ate quite a few more of these too.

Finally, paid our entrance fee and we were ready to explore! I had heard it was fun, but if I had known how much there really was to do there, I would have packed a lunch!
Brock was fearless feeding the goats!


He even gave the big ox a big hug!

 We boarded the train for a little ride. It was cute - went around the park and saw some other bigger animals (cows, horses, emus, etc).

Peacock would NOT turn around for the picture!
Whoohoo, we found the rides!
Brock loved this one called the "Flying Pumpkins". He was loving going so fast and so high in the air..... I showed him the roller coaster and asked him if he'd like to try it?
He was super excited about being tall enough - just didn't want the sun in his eyes
He was tall enough to ride.... and there were other children going on that looked even smaller than him. He watched the ride go around and was excited to go on it.... until ours started. NOPE. When that first jerk to start the ride happened, he was NOT about it. (To be fair, it was quite a small "roller coaster." A few turns to the sides, up, then down, then done) The nice man stopped the ride after one go (I guess they go around 4 or so times for a turn) and let us get off. Hopefully we'll feel better about roller coasters in another year or so!
Okay.... let's stick with something a little more low-key. :) They had a few more fun ones - tilt-a-whirl (like the teacups from Disney World) and a canoe ride that went slow in the water.

We had a really great time together and I think it was just what Brock needed after our trip to the east coast. Brock talked to me the whole time and listened to what I told him to do. He really didn't argue with me and was just plain good the whole day. It's nice to have days like this among the typical three-year-old days....

No comments:

Post a Comment