Thursday, June 23, 2016

Happy 1st Birthday Kade!


Happy FIRST Birthday little Kade! Abbey - we did wear the "Birthday Boy" shirt for a few hours today.... before it got nice and dirty before his birthday festivities. (This is photo evidence) ;)
What's a birthday without cake?? (I'm sure my mother feels that way) Well, I doubled down and got two cakes! One for us and one for Kade to SMASH! Yes, I know - so first world of me.
First off, we were so lucky to snag a few hours from Evan and Kali's busy schedule this past Sunday to have them celebrate with the little birthday boy! They were so sweet and brought both my boys presents! Kade received an adorable little pull-toy crocodile and Brock received an opposite matching puzzle.

My boys both love them! Brock loved helping Kade open his present too....


 Finally it was time for the main event - the smash cake!!!

Kade loved being sung to and looked around smiling as we all sang Happy Birthday. Brock helped with his candle and then he dug in. Wow, a 6 inch cake looks bigger on the highchair tray.
"Are you coming to help me eat this thing??"
And..... done!
Thursday was his actual birthday - you would have thought it was Brock's birthday for how anxious he was waiting for Daddy to come home to open presents! Brock had helped me wrap the presents earlier and was super excited to help Kade open them again!

Cards are just as fun!!

And ribbon!!
Brock had picked this out for Kade's birthday and I think he is enjoying it just as much as Kade does!

Then a big present from Grandma - a super awesome slide!!
That face! Is he excited or what??
Finally, a cute video (after birthday cupcake and bath) of him enjoying his birthday toys.

Thank you for all the well wishes, cards, and gifts we received (and will be receiving). He is one loved little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment