Monday, June 13, 2016

Early Summer Trip to the East Coast - Part I

 In one short month from our trip to Connecticut, I braved the cross-country flight again.... except solo this time. Note to self - I need a little more time in between trips next time. It was mostly okay.... Kade is just an entirely different baby than Brock was - he does NOT sit still. Brock is a wild three year old, but can busy himself with his tablet and stickers and activities. The only thing Kade wanted, was to stand up on my legs the entire trip and look at all the people behind us! Also, poor Brock has been getting nose bleeds and got a doozy of one on the airplane. Not fun at all when he doesn't want the tissues up by his face!
But, the airplane ride is only for a finite amount of time and we arrived and all was well again!

On our first full day in North Carolina, Grandma treated us to a visit to the Museum of Life & Science in Durham. I haven't been there in over 20 years, but we (my mother and I) all had fun memories of that place!

Brock loved exploring the museum. He really liked "the clouds part".
Brock enjoyed building with Grandma!
I had heard from friends the outside area is really nice and we all had to agree!
Brock loved the butterfly house (I really was surprised he let me put the butterfly on his finger!) and even pointed out all the butterflies to Kade!
Both boys especially loved the dinosaur walk. Brock kept asking if they were going to talk. My little sensitive guy does not like to be scared.

After naps in the car and dropping Grandma at home, we ran over to Helen's to see her and Jill. Only the boys this time, Alexandra was off to a birthday party!
SUPER cute picture of the boys - Kade and Lucas - 5 days apart.
It was nice to see Brock and Ryan playing together. It's moments like these where I get sad we don't live here anymore. It would be so sweet to see our children all playing together all the time!
Ryan (4), Brock (3), Nathan (23 mos)
Kade (11 mos), Lucas (11 mos)

The following day we met Papa for brunch at "The Egg and I"; cute little place in Cary. Then we let Brock burn off some steam at JumpStreet - an indoor trampoline park nearby.
 So cute - he loved it!


We stopped in at Starbucks next door before saying goodbye to Papa. We'll see you next month on the west coast!

 The rest of our Raleigh stop was spent hanging out with Grandma and Uncle David..... and a lot of eating. :) We also stopped in to visit Beck, Andrew & Will, but alas, no pictures! :( We need to document how tall all these boys are getting! Next time!! Thanks for letting us play with all your toys Andrew & Will!
Working on that spoon skill! 
Beat the drum, It's Fun! 


Had to pose with our new pajamas! Thank you Grandma!


Kade and Brock loved swinging on the bench and watching all the cars go by. It's okay we only cleaned it on the last night there. ;)

It was a little more humid there than Seattle!

On Friday, we started our trek southwest to Charlotte via Greensboro.
 We stopped at the Greensboro Science Center which is a zoo, aquarium, and museum! It was hot and humid. It was disgusting outside. After walking all the way to see the tigers, we all ran back in to the air conditioning. I don't know how we'll ever manage North Carolina summers if we move back!!!
Awesome turtles!
I love how Kade sees these animals and is pointing to the lemurs!!

Back in the air conditioned aquarium section and much happier!
The boys and I in a bubble
 Brock followed Uncle David around the entire week. I think David kept busy for the four days he was with my children and it helped him stay out of trouble. They're so much work (for a 30 year old "bachelor" who has never babysat in his life), you can't think about anything else!



Finally, we met up with Uncle Brian in Lexington for a fantastic barbecue meal at Lexington Barbecue! I say finally because we had a little trouble with the actual location of this one.... Anyway, it was good and glad my mother suggested it.
Man those hush puppies look good right now!!
 Both my boys devoured their meals! (Well, Brock needed a little push with a bit of ketchup on his pork...) But Kade ate A LOT. He loved that barbecue and when I didn't notice he had finished his plate, he started grabbing for my plate wanting more!

After dinner, we said our goodbyes to David and my mom and loaded up Brian's car, headed for Charlotte!

No comments:

Post a Comment