Monday, February 20, 2017

House Hunting Trip to NC - Part II



Before bedtime with tablets at Grandma's - I'm such a good mom! ;)

Finally got Mia in the bathtub with the boys on this trip! I think they all loved it! Mia loves the water - at one point, she just sat down! Kade doesn't get this experience at home with his big doggies!

Uncle David came in one day to visit as well! Thank you Uncle David for helping watch the boys while I ran out to look at a new house listing!!

Kade dabbled in his creative side with some crayons in Grandma's dining room.....  (one of FIVE spots he colored).... Thank goodness for magic erasers!


On Saturday night, we headed up to North Raleigh for dinner at Papa's & Miss Phyllis' home. Their home is NOT quite baby-proofed! Papa brought out his guitar and the boys were very curious!



Poor Papa tried to sing a song to Brock, but Brock was in one of his moods..... didn't quite like the attention. Alas, I still managed to get a short video of Brock strumming.


Sunday afternoon, Grandma got her second wind and decided we'd traverse to the big city of Raleigh and tour a museum! Such a beautiful day!

North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences was a bit different than the Museum of Life and Science in Durham Brock was expecting - he wanted to go see the butterflies - next time Brock!

Kade pointing to the birds
I'm posting this picture to show how "helpful" Kade was in allowing me to get a picture of big brother - he kept escaping the room because he learned how to open the door!!



No Brock, these dinosaurs don't talk - you're good. ;)

What a photographer! My big one took this photo of me!!

Grandma and Brock walking hand in hand leaving the museum in front of the NC General Assembly building.

Later that night the kids and I were invited to a Superbowl gathering at Helen and Joe's house! So perfect to let the boys blow off some steam running around with Jake and Jennifer's kids too! I'm so glad they play so nicely together! And Kade totally followed Lucas and mastered those basement stairs like a champ! Looking forward to more impromptu gatherings like these!! :)

Also that night about 2,350 miles away, snow was rapidly falling in Renton, Washington! When it stopped mid-day the next day, 7 inches had accumulated and we decided we were not attempting to fly stand-by in all that mess.

Forecast predicted a high of 68 that day in Raleigh, so we felt we made the right decision. Time for the playground! .....and a preview of what my summer is going to look like. Kade and Brock do not want to do the same thing at the playground - nor will Kade listen to me when I tell him to not run away. Ahhhh! He was a lot slower last summer at the playgrounds!!

This is why moms wear yoga pants all day - because we are constantly working out running after our children!

But they look so cute and they were so happy playing!



Time for another amazingly cooked meal by Grandma!
Yummy baked ziti
 And here's two pictures I happened upon when flipping through old photo albums at my mother's house.

Uncle "Bob" - Robert Topar (my mother's oldest sibling) - I see a bit of Brock there

My Grandmother Grace Topar - an amazing woman :)
Then it was off on American Airlines again - short flight back to Charlotte, then a much longer flight, with unnecessary drama, to Seattle.

Good thing these boys are cute.... that was a long flight. :)

And in case you were wondering, no house yet. Nothing met all our requirements and I'm being a little more picky this time. Thank you to all the people who watched the boys while I did my house research in the area! My Dad took the day off and babysat them one day, Uncle David watched them as well and my mom did A LOT - especially one week before having knee surgery! Thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment