Wednesday, August 23, 2017

How to keep boys busy?

Now that Brock is four, the summer completely opened up to him for summer camps! He was enrolled in three Vacation Bible Schools, two FULL-day weeks at Mega-gym, and one three-day outdoor camp with the Town of Apex at a nearby park. I had to entertain a two year old solo for many of those days!

 So..... let's go to a park and stomp on bugs!


It's interesting to see Kade's behavior when Brock isn't around. He is very confident with big brother - even sometimes moreso than big brother.... but when big brother isn't around, a little shyness emerges. He's not as prone to go venture out to the playground with the other big kids without Brock. For example, this particular day, he found his happy place climbing on a fence away from the other children.




Finally, I wore Kade out! Barbara, Brent's mother, tells me that her father slept like this all the time - with his hands behind his head. I find Kade in this position constantly!


Brock BEGS to go to the pool almost every day. He LOVES the water. This particular day was pretty awesome - we walked down to the pool while Kade napped (and Brent worked). Brock knows how to swim well enough (and is cautious enough to stay in the shallow end) that I was able to catch up on a little reading!

I can see future (loooooong in the future) pool days where I don't have to constantly have eyes on them and read and tan to my heart's desire!!

My silly Brock!


And then there's those other days that we use the babysitter on the wall.....

Time for some sugar? Yes!
Eat that blue and red candy-coated sugar cookie!!

Brock and I completed one Pinterest-worthy craft this summer! Pineapple pinecones! We have PLENTY of pinecones to do LOTS of fall crafts!

We painted four pinecones a bright yellow! (Brock was very particular about picking four nice pinecones from our backyard - several that I thought were perfectly fine were not good enough for him!)

Next step, Brock rolled the green leaves with a plastic straw.

I think they turned out pretty neat! Perhaps next time we'll use something better/brighter than yellow finger-paint. ;)

They make a cute summer display on our front table! Good job Brock!!

No comments:

Post a Comment