Friday, August 31, 2018

Happy 4th of July 2018!


Brock playing on an inflatable in the middle of downtown Apex?? Must mean it's Apex's Olde Fashioned Fourth of July!

Kade attempted this obstacle course as well, but he got stuck after the second hill and I had to rescue him out!

I feel like we did it smarter this year.... we were there at 8:55 - 5 minutes before the official start time - and Brock was able to go on a few things multiple times before the lines got out of control! Also, it was better to get in before the heat struck us out!

Brock saw this climbing apparatus as we walked in and very confidently, asked me if he could climb it. I love that I'm seeing that more and more!

As Brock was getting all suited up, Kade took a water break in the shade!

Off he went!

We love stopping in at the fire station to take a picture on the old fashioned fire truck!

This year we made it all the way down the other end and discovered WATER SLIDES! They weren't completely pools yet, so I let Brock down once - but now we'll know for next year!

Jammin' to the music in the middle of the street! I love that younger brother is totally all in to it and big brother is just not impressed.



One ice cream, two cups please! And for $4.75, they really didn't need to have their own! ;)


Too hot, we were done!

Back at the house, Moose got all patriotic and posed for the camera!

I'm going to bet we had steaks that night. Then it was time for fireworks - right before a torrential downpour happened!

Next year I'm just buying 4 boxes of the pop-its! That's all they cared about anyway!!

Our "fireworks". One day we'll go to see the big ones. :)

Happy 242nd Birthday America!!

No comments:

Post a Comment