Thursday, December 27, 2018

Chinese Lantern Festival


We pass by Koka Booth Amphitheater every Monday night after swim practice and get to see the amazing lights from the Carolina Chinese Lantern Festival from afar.

Unfortunately the night I chose to go, I was one of about a thousand people - it was one of the warmest nights after two weeks of cold, wet weather!


Brock volunteered to join me the night before Christmas Eve!


Yup, making faces!

Pretty cool dragon skimming along the top of the lake.


Pandas!



Asked someone to take our picture and Brock goes in to super shy mode. Oh, my Brock!

Find ALL the dragons!

Now this part he was all excited about! After finding my Chinese Zodiac animal, he was all eager to find his animal!

Brock is a Snake!

 We had to search out Kade's! (Kade is a sheep and I think that fits him quite well!)

And then there's Brent's. Yup, an Ox to a fault!


There were quite an array of displays all over the grounds, so even though there was a large crowd, I never felt overwhelmed with people.

Brock had fun "posing" for the camera.

After stopping to watch some of the performers, we headed home to prepare for Christmas Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment