Friday, December 20, 2019

Pullen Park's Holiday Express 2019

Pullen Park Holiday Express tickets went on sale at 5:30AM on July 30th!! After missing out last year, I was determined to succeed this year! Although, I couldn't foresee Brent's work schedule and unfortunately the week I bought tickets, was the week he was due back in Seattle!

We asked my Dad and Phyllis to join us and it worked out just fine!

First stop, a trip inside WRAL's "snowglobe!" The boys went crazy throwing the "snow" and yelling in excitement! 


My Dad joined in on the fun too!

We stopped in a few tents to make a pipe-cleaner wreath and other crafts, but honestly it was way too warm to stay in there too long - they had the heat on HIGH!

Train ride at 6:15PM! Brock was unhappy he couldn't sit with Kade. Sorry Brock - my job is to keep you all safe and the two of you in an open car was just not going to happen!

Got it when he popped back up!

Finally, we were off to see the lights!


The boys stopped to see Mrs. Claus. She was checking the nice/naughty list on her phone and wouldn't you know it.... BOTH my kids were on the nice list!


Get your sled, climb the steps, and slide down the makeshift snowhill!!




We made it all the way over to the island to check out this cool igloo and so very glad we did! They were making smores!! Yum!!


I love this one of Kade looking up at his Papa!

We did so many things I didn't get pictures - played on the playground, participated in the candy cane hunt, mixed reindeer food, and made our very own hot chocolate mix. Alas, by the time our number was called to see Santa; it was too late and we were all too tired. We were so thankful it was relatively warm that night (compared to earlier that week!) and I had some other adults there with me helping to keep an eye on which way they ran! The boys had a really great time and I think the adults did too!!
Making Reindeer food

No comments:

Post a Comment