Monday, June 19, 2023

Last Days of 4th and 2nd Grade

 


Brent and I attended Kade's 2nd grade End of Year celebration. It was quite cute - Kade received the "Mathematician" award from his teacher and I couldn't get the camera up fast enough! Look at that smirky smile.... same as his Dad. 

Kade's teacher also had a little game "If you think you're smarter than a 2nd grader" and it was a fierce competition between Brent and I.... he kept taking away my points! Sure enough - Brent secured First place with 3,534,993 gold and I came in Second with 3,187,976 gold pieces. Argh! (At least we beat all the other parents!) 


The next day was supposed to be Field Day, but they had to postpone until Thursday due to the bad air quality from the Canadian wildfires! It was a gorgeous day for Field Day - not too hot and sunny! I volunteered for water activities and it was a blast - next time I won't wear my tennis shoes. 



I only came to help out during the 2nd/3rd graders slot - Brock could care less if I was there. I'll plan to volunteer next year for sure when he's a 5th grader though. :)


Kade and his teacher with Fudgie the Whale (the class pet!)


The last two months the boys have been walking themselves to the bus stop! Tried to get a picture of them in action, but they saw me with my camera and ran! Oh boys! 


Friday, June 9, 2023 - last day of 4th grade for Brock and 2nd grade for Kade! 


Oh Kade - you've got character! (And yes, I blew the angle again this year to really see how much they've grown.... I'm going to try REALLY hard next year to get it right!)

Left: August 2022                          Right: June 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment