Tuesday, October 28, 2014

House Tour - Family Room



Finally "finished" another room in my home, so I figured I would share with my blog followers since it was a relatively sunny fall Seattle day. I painted the one wall in the family room before we even hung the television (since I knew that once that baby was on the wall, I was never going to get a paintbrush behind it again!). Navy and cream/tan is the color palate - in case that isn't obvious. :)

Thank you Jeffrey, Christine, and Jason Hanna for foreshadowing the colors - Brock's PB chair matches perfectly!
The newest addition in the room is the dresser/console to the left of the fireplace. I had that "custom-made" from a local lady I found on etsy. The bottom drawers will hide more of Brock's toys. She repurposed an older dresser, made the top drawers into shelves, painted them blue and even finished around the handles with a stencil in the navy paint. I am so pleased how it turned out! It really wasn't that much at all.... and my original thoughts were "I could do this..." No... I don't think so!
My favorite thing in the room (besides the oh-so-comfy sectional from Ethan Allen) are the pelmet boxes I DID make! Yes, a pinterest thing, but I am VERY happy that I was able to complete them and very proud of how well they came out! Made from foam board, duct tape, batting, fabric and a whole bunch of staples. :)

The windows in my family room are 60" wide EACH and I know how expensive custom curtains can be..... These cost me a FRACTION of what they could have - and they match the lamp!! Did you notice?
Beautiful curtains for a beautiful view
I think Diesel and Oscar approve!

No comments:

Post a Comment