Thursday, January 19, 2017

Goose Hunting on Moses Lake

Guest Author: Brent M. Eason 

I took another trip to Moses Lake during a balmy 22 degree clear day. 6:00AM before the sun rises the crew has to put out the decoys and wait for the geese to come. Above picture was taken at 7am as the sun was rising. 

My view from the blind
The geese showed up shortly after that and I personally bagged six with my trusty Benelli, the camouflaged shotgun. There were two father and son teams that day and it made me think about taking Brock and Kade someday. 

Here was the day's catch.  


This ends my career goose hunting in Washington state - this doesn't exist in North Carolina and the season is over here in WA (technically Jan 31st, but the pass has been closed all week with no opening date in sight).

No comments:

Post a Comment