Monday, July 9, 2018

Mother's Day Weekend


On the Friday before Mother's Day, Brock and Kade's preschool hosted a Mother's Day "Tea." This would be my last with Brock (at least for preschool days), so I figured I'd take a few hours off so I could see my big boy's presentations!

They were super cute! The class sang two songs to the moms that were able to attend - they all were so excited! I'm working on being more present, but also felt obligated to get it on video. I compromised with recording one quick snippet of the first song, but put it away for the second. :)

 My Brock looking a little unsure of all this attention.



When his friends asked for a group photo, he was all smiles then!


Of course the two class parties were about 5 hours apart, so after some "mom errands," back to the school I went to visit Kade for his Mother's Day Tea Party. 

Thinking about how this was going to go down, if you had to ask me which one of my children would be Mr. Shy Guy and not participate in the class song, hands down it would have been Brock. They like to keep me on my toes - it was Kade!

For the entire "presentation," Kade huddled in the corner while the rest of his class sang the songs. I just want to mention - he LOVES his songs. We know all the songs at home because he knows all the words and sings them all the time! This was a surprise!


Oh Kade, you are too funny!


When it was time for snack, he chippered right back up!


When he wants to eat, he is a quick eater!!


The best part of the day was the awesome Mother's Day card Brock made for me! I LOVE this!



On Saturday, we were off to another Teeball game! 



Mother's Day weekend we were signed up to bring the snacks.... or Brent needed an excuse to show off his new cooler. Kade enjoyed having somewhere to sit [that wasn't scary like the bleachers]!

Mother's Day was tough this year..... I was going to focus on my own children and enjoy it as much as I could. And enjoy a breakfast at Cracker Barrel..... my children had other plans. 



They were okay at breakfast and up to the actual meal. Usually full bellies make happy kids.... not that day! It was a tough parenting day.


Eh, you win some, you lose some. Good thing they are cute.


Happy Mother's Day to me in my new Lilly Pulitzer dress. ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment