Friday, July 12, 2019

Happy 4th Birthday Kade!!

He got his picture taken on a Polaroid camera and taped to the wall because it was his birthday!
 On Kade's birthday day, I took the boys mining for gemstones!


Of course, when given the option, the boys picked out the largest geode to crack (and the most expensive). #rookiemistake


Finally, off to sift through the dirt to find our treasures!

Smiling faces and busy bodies! They were excited!






Let me just say as this WAS a fun activity, it went SUPER fast for the amount of money spent. 

We took a look "in the mine" and then pretty much came, saw, and conquered. 


It was a hot, muggy day and I think everyone was "vacation-lagged" from our beach trip that ended just the previous day. Gone were the happy faces.


Upon greeting Kade that morning and wishing him a happy birthday, I was informed that he will NOT turn four until he eats his birthday cake. I know my son and I know he meant it. Off to the store to buy another cake.


FaceTiming with Grammy & Grandpa a "Happy Birthday"
Sorry so blurry, someone took off my live photo! Best picture I could get with Moose leaving the bow on his head. :)

On Thursday evening was Kade's special birthday party. It was an even more special birthday party as he was co-partying with his buddy Lucas. They are only 5 days apart!

Jump, jump, jump all that energy out!!





The birthday boys!

And TWO cakes!!


What a cute picture of the three - birthday boys and brother! (Brock had already ducked out to the truck)

It took a few days to get over the birthday high before we opened up those presents (also lets the birthday extend out!) He was excited... although I think there is only two modes for Kade - revved up and sleeping!




Happy Birthday my super go-go-go child! You always keep me on my toes physically - I've lost count how many times I've had to chase you before hitting the parking lot - and mentally - asking some really intelligent questions for a just-turned four year old! When you want to, you are thoughtful and very sensitive to others feelings and thoughts. When I read you books and we come to a word you don't know, you ask for the meaning. We are so proud of the progress you've made at school and learning what's expected of you. Everything is still a competition between you and Brock, but I know you love each other. Just yesterday, after stopping for a haircut solo, you asked the lady for a second lollipop for your brother at home. Always thinking of him. We love you Kade, our little lion.

Thank you to everyone who celebrated with us that week! He has been talking about his birthday for SO long and I know he had a great one! Now he's inquiring as to when he'll be 4 1/2. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment